Managing Director to Spruit Transmissies
Title: Managing Director
Company: Spruit Transmissies BV
Employment type: Full Time
Spruit Transmissies, based in Alkmaar, is a supplier of premium power transmission products for industry, such as chains, belts, couplings, bearings, gearboxes, motors and brakes. Spruit was founded in 1981 and is well known in the market as a specialist and trouble-shooter. With specialist knowledge, customer focus and dedication to meet and exceed customer expectations, Spruit Transmissies continue to develop their market offering. Since 2014, Spruit Transmissies is part of Axel Johnson International, a privately-owned industrial group.
The Managing Director shall manage and develop the activities of the Company in line with agreed targets and strategy. With approximately 30 employees it is an operative role with emphasis on Sales, Marketing and Engineering. The Managing Director reports to the Managing Director of the Business Group Power Transmission Solutions within Axel Johnson International.
The Managing Director will continue to build on the company’s strong history and with the support of Axel Johnson International take the next step in the development of Spruit Transmissies. This includes building on the experience of several senior staff members with high technical competence and long experience from the market as well as developing young talents with a lot of potential within the organization. In the coming years we will continue on the strategic path of becoming a partner to customers within the Dutch Power Transmission market and accelerate digitization of both internal processes and the customer interface.
The Managing Director is directly responsible for sales and technical support and works closely with key strategic suppliers. The company also include functions such as Marketing, Finance, Logistics, Purchase, HRM who all report directly to the Managing Director. In addition, the heads of Service & Engineering and Sales department also report to the Managing Director. Currently, the Managing Director has seven direct reports.
With a strong focus on sales and marketing, the Managing Director is responsible for the development and implementation of an agreed three-year strategic plan. The plan developed together with Axel Johnson International and the company’s management team members includes ambitious targets for key customers, development of value-added services, digitization and sustainability. The vision and the strategy translate to tangible KPI’s and measurable objectives for the entire organisation.
The governance model used by Axel Johnson International is highly delegated and therefore requires an Managing Director with a strong entrepreneurial drive and ability to comply to our global policies. We expect our Directors to take full responsibility for the development of each subsidiary in the group and have an ability to shape the future of the organization.
We expect the Managing Director to exercise leadership that encourages and motivates employees and creates an open and straightforward communication and that the candidate can act as a role model for the organization in living our core values and making sure we follow local rules and regulations in the area of responsibility.
Skills and qualifications
- Relevant academic education or training / experience that can be considered as equivalent.
- Previous experience as Managing Director in a company or business area of similar size, complexity and a global supply chain.
- Experience in managing international businesses and leading negotiations.
- Experience of managing organizational change and achieving growth with good results.
- Experience and ability to identify improvement and development potential
- Ability to have a group perspective in a global business environment
- Financial knowledge and ability to analyse performance and improvement potential.
Preferred personal characteristics
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to inspire and lead team members towards clearly communicated objectives
- Structured and well organized
- Performance driven
- Development oriented
- Confident while down to earth and humble
- Business oriented
• Market and customer oriented
• Family owned and far sighted
• Hands on mentality
• Integrity, informal and direct in terms of communication and feedback
Terms of employment
Salary in line with the market, bonus plan and other employment conditions
To apply for the position, please use the link below.