Do you want to work in a fast-paced environment where entrepreneurship and industrial technologies are in focus? Are you an upcoming graduate with a Master’s degree in engineering or business/economics and with a wish to start your career in a leading industrial group? We invite you to read about and consider applying to Axel Johnson International’s Management Trainee Program.
At Axel Johnson International you will get an exciting role in a fast-growing international industrial group. We acquire and develop industrial technology companies in strategically selected niche markets. Over the past three years, we have grown 16%/ year and conducted more than 40 acquisitions. At Axel Johnson International, you will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with short decision paths and a strong and positive culture.
As a Management Trainee at Axel Johnson International, you will work directly with our executive management team and participate in or lead cross-functional projects in areas such as business strategy, M&A, digitalisation, logistics and more. In addition, you will participate in our internal Talent Acceleration Program (TAP) together with other “up-and-coming” colleagues (aged 24-32) from our subsidiaries. The TAP will include training modules on topics such as project management, negotiation and presentation skills, profitability analyses and applied corporate finance.
During your trainee year, you will get to know Axel Johnson International’s corporate culture and build a valuable network within the group. After your trainee year, we expect you to transition to a permanent role either at our head office or in one of our five business groups.
Who are we looking for?
We plan to recruit for 2 Management Trainee positions starting September 2019:
- Recent graduates with a Master’s degree in engineering or business administration/economics
- Ambitious, result-oriented with high work capacity
- Proactive, with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Curious team-player with great appetite to learn
- Fluent speaking and writing in both English and Swedish, knowledge of other languages is an advantage
What we offer you
- A unique start to your career with the opportunity for rapid advancement after completion of the program, as well as being part of a larger group (parent Axel Johnson AB and our sister companies such as AxFood, Dustin, Martin & Servera, Åhléns and Kicks)
- The opportunity to spend twelve months working closely with our management team in a dynamic and entrepreneurial organisation
- Long-term development opportunities
- Continued employment after completion of the programme
- Challenges that will make you grow!
Come and join us!
Send your CV, cover letter and a brief memo summarizing the case below to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application period is open between January 1 – February 28, 2019.
Write a short but comprehensive memo (maximum 1 – 1,5 pages) regarding potential future use of drones (UAV – “Unmanned Aerial Vehicles”) including background (“what it is or can be”), hypotheses and potential applications for Axel Johnson International (where and how to use it in future product and customer offerings). You can choose to focus your memo on only one of our Business Groups if you like.