Acquisitions are central to Axel Johnson International’s business model. Our focus is on building, owning and developing business groups within defined industrial niche areas. As a result, we actively work on defining and developing strategies for industrial platforms in attractive industrial niches where we see long-term growth potential.
Our operations are organised in six business groups: Driveline Solutions, Fluid Handling Solutions, Lifting Solutions, Industrial Automation, Power Transmission Solutions and Transport Solutions. We have a history of developing business groups over time, starting with a base – a platform – and thereafter growing the business by geographic or product/service expansion.
Our ambition is to identify new opportunities outside our current platforms. This can happen either via smaller bridgehead additions or slightly larger platform acquisitions. The ambition in every case is to establish over time a new business group with annual revenue potential of at least EUR 100 million. We look for industrial niches where a distributor can play a strong, value-adding role between manufacturer and end-customer or where a strong product or systems solution can be internationalised by building a strong distribution network in new geographies.
What we look for
- Technology distributors and industrial solutions providers
- Complementary acquisitions to existing businesses as well as stepping stones for expansion into new related industry niches and geographies
- Product companies offering industrial niche products with international market potential
What we value:
- Strong market position and superior expertise
- Solid track record and profitability
- Entrepreneurial drive
- Management interested in staying on
- Growth and development ambitions
- Ethos and values in tune with ours
What we offer:
- A corporate culture focused on innovation, development, growth and adding customer value
- A strong financial platform, providing room for sustainable and far-sighted expansion
- A decentralised corporate governance model offering plenty of freedom and responsibility for ongoing growth and development
- Expertise and support in areas key to developing our businesses: sourcing, supply chain, digitalisation, sustainability, people development
- A group-wide network with active knowledge sharing and extensive experience from a wide range of industrial areas
- An inhouse Business School program for people development and skill building